Saturday, April 14, 2007

Your placement of punctuation is arbitrary.

The title of this blog is almost passable, considering it came from you. I mean, I can't really expect something too original or witty or intelligent because of its source. However, if you are going to put two, visually-jarring apostrophes in the word "fight'n'," then please follow through with the apostrophe belonging in the word "them's." Of course, you're going to try and say something like "I'm right! I hate you!" then proceed to crawl under your bed and cry, but please remember that without that apostrophe there is no verb in that sentence - only a subject noun, copulative* noun with a descriptive and over-punctuated gerund.


*I know what you are going to say, and let me assure you, it is you who is copulative.

No comments: